Monday, June 27, 2011

Simple Home Preventive Maintenance: A/C

Let me preface this by saying I am not a HVAC professional but have noticed these things over the years and have been told by a pro this will help.

I usually do this at the beginning of the A/C season, but I guess I forgot.

Does your A/C look like mine?

Looks like grass and dog hair trapping dust.  Here is the best way to get ride of it.

First.  Disconnect power to your A/C unit.


Second.  Take off fan on top of your unit.  You need access to the inside.

Third.  Get a hose to spray from the inside out.


This will unclog all the debris from your condenser and will help with a better ventilation and then therefore better performance in these HOT days ahead.


End product.

And don't forget the air filter inside your house.  A clogged filter can put a strain on your fan and keep all your furnace parts clean for the heater.

Keep cool, like me,

Dude...

1 comment: